It's almost been four weeks since we left our little home in Jackson and moved into an apartment in Starkville. Will officially finishes his anesthesiology residency June 30. After that, we will be a family together again. We are so lucky to have great friends and family that have let us spend the night or nights with them this month. We sold our house in February. We were very fortunate to have a couple call us and tell us they wanted to buy our house. They came one Saturday while Will was on call. They stayed for maybe 20 minutes. I thought for sure they didn't want it. Sunday, they called and wanted to make an offer. It was that easy. We had to be out by June though. This has been the hard part. Of course we could have just stayed in Starkville all of this time, but we have chosen to make the most of this situation and take everyone up on their offer to come visit. I have stayed 6 different places in the past 9 nine nights and Bo and I are leaving tomorrow for a trip to Atlanta.
There are times that i get "homesick" for my Devine Street house (like right now). If I could have moved the yellow house with us, I would have. It was our first home and it will always be my favorite. Buddy still doesn't get it. He asked the other day while at Temple's house, why we can't just get dressed at the yellow house. I told my friend, Laura, to always refer to our house as the "Carter House."
Now, when I get sad like right now, I have to look at pictures of what the future holds. These are pictures of our lot in Starkville. We just finalized our plans and hope to start building in July.
0 comments:
Post a Comment