This blog is not about me, but my boys. However, my dad and I ran in the Chicago Marathon this past Sunday. It was my favorite marathon yet! I definitely want to do it again. The city was is beautiful and so clean. There were spectators along the whole course which made running easy. I thought during the race, "where did the first 15 miles go?" It was that fun. We ran through 29 neighborhoods in Chicago including Lincoln Park, Boystown, Chinatown, and many more. The weather was gorgeous but HOT!! It was 84 degrees at 11:00 and hardly any clouds. Sunday night after the race, we went to a Taylor Swift concert at Soldier Field (where the Bears play). It was a great weekend. The only bummer is that we didn't have enough time to shop on Michigan Avenue. I know Will is happy about that though. Thanks Dad for another amazing race! I am so lucky to have someone to run marathons with and even more lucky that it is my dad. It wouldn't be half as fun if I had to run them alone. In fact, I would have never run a marathon if we had not done them together. The Chicago Marathon makes number 7 for us. 
January 15, 2020
6 years ago
3 comments:
Missy - that is so awesome! I didn't know you ran marathons. Chicago is a fun city. See you soon.
How awesome running with your Dad...my Dad and I have tried to run a few 5K's together, but he always breaks away from me, and ends up kicking my butt. I'm going to have to up my training!
What an accomplishment!!! So glad ya'll had a good time!!!!
Post a Comment