CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend in New Orleans

Will and Buddy waiting to go inside The Acme.
Will, Saunders and the boys walking down Bourbon.
Bo at Cafe Du Monde
The boys eating the free food at the Expo.
Buddy gives good kisses!

Happy Easter! Once again, we went to New Orleans with the Reinschmiedts and now the Ramseys. We had a great time as usual. The weather was beautiful and the food was excellent. New Orleans has been an Easter tradition for many years - at least since I was in junior high. My dad, my brother and I all ran in the Crescent City Classic. The first time I ran in the CCC was in 1998. One year it was so hot, my brother suffered from heat exhaustion. Last year it was freezing and I forgot my running shoes so I had to run in my Merrell's. This year was perfect. Not too hot and not too cold. I was interviewed after the race by the Times-Picayune. Surprisingly, they used my quotes. Here is the link: http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-36/1206249841117090.xml&coll=1&thispage=5. In the article, my name is misspelled. It's printed as Missy Carcer. I should have lied about my time and about my age. Sunday, we stopped in Brookhaven to see Will's sister and her family. It was a great way to end Easter.

1 comments:

The Vineyards said...

Missy,
Love all the pictures!! Great job getting quoted in the Times-Picayune. That is quite an accomplishment! Looks like y'all had a great time in New Orleans too. I was going to get onto you for not posting in a while, but I think you have made up for it. Look forward to seeing y'all on Sunday.